Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Power's out- someone must be cutting a tooth!

So I thought I'd interject a blog about our interesting adventures over the last 48 hours.  You see, everyday is quite the adventure in our household (in fact as I am writing this blog one of my girls is chasing the dog in her walker, and another is chewing on the computer chord) ! But add in a 15 minute storm that shuts off the power on one of the hottest days of the summer (oh ya and having 10 month old triplets),  it then becomes quite the ADVENTURE! But my blog is not to complain, but to show how God's provisions are amazing.

Over the past couple days my mom and I decided whenever one of the girls didn't sleep well or finish their bottles/food that they must be getting ready to cut a tooth.  Now going on hour 13 of no power and it had reached about 81 degrees in the house, we were trying to wash our dinner dishes (that I cooked on our gas grill) by candlelight. All the girls were crying and miserable due to the heat and stress that they didn't finish their bottles and couldn't go to sleep bless their little hearts! The bottles, bowls, laundry etc.. was beginning to stack up due to four adults and three babies. I jokingly told my mom "power's out, someone must be getting ready to cut a tooth!"

Out of nowhere came a knock on our door from one of our neighbors offering us to stay at their home where they had a huge generator that ran the air and power in several rooms. They had a guest room up stairs for my parents to stay in, and they gave us the entire basement that had a huge bedroom, living room, office, and kitchenette.  So at 9:30pm we started the packing process of 3 porta cribs, 3 high chairs, clothes, bottles, formula, baby food, etc. It was no easy task! I don't know how Clif and I could have done it without my parents help.

The Maddens welcomed all of us into their home and we ended up having a much better nights sleep than we would have had staying at home of this I'm sure! The girls slept through the whole night and great at nap time too due to how dark and cool it was. After the girls would get up we'd feed them on the dresser, then bring them back over to our "baby-proof" home to crawl and play.

We were very thankful that Jim Madden had a connection with someone at the power company and immediately started making calls. He was so sweet explaining the dyer need for us to have power because we had triplets! Comed said it would not be back on for a couple days due to the severity of damage from the storms. Well Jim's calls worked, because there was three trucks on our street restoring our power in less than an hour. So we started the moving process all over again and thankfully got to come home to electricity! You realize how blessed you are when modern day conveniences are taken away. We are all so blessed to live in this nation. And we have so much to be thankful for! Another exciting adeventure to write in my journal. We survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment