Saturday, July 2, 2011

How it all began

On February 5th 2010 I decided to take a pregnancy test. I had been doing P90X and was on a pretty strict diet and wanted to make sure I wouldn't be harming "anything" in the process. Well let me just tell you how suprised I was to come back in the bathroom and see a positive sign, I feel to floor in shock!

We hadn't even been trying to get pregnant, but I was a couple days late. I proceeded to try and collect myself and called my cousin Sarah Ruth who is also one of my closest friends and living up here. She reassured me to not freak out quite yet and go get a few more tests. So I got 3 different types of tests, and before the sign could show up that the test was working - the positive sign showed up on all of them! I called Sarah back and she said "now we freak out!"

I had planned awhile back how I would tell Clif on the day we found out we were expecting a bundle of joy. I had bought a Dad's Devotional book and wrote a special message in the front cover. I also went out and got a little pink onesie that said "daddy makes me smile". Pink was the only color they had, and I guess it was foreshadowing the events to come! When Clif got home from work I told him I had an early Valentines Day gift for him and hid the video camera to capture the moment. He just kept saying "are you serious?" over and over! It was sweet moment I will always remember.


I was nervous and excited all at once. And at that point I had no idea what was to come. But I did know everything was in God's plan and timing for my life, and that every child (whether planned or not) is truly a miracle and a special gift from the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha when I read that you got a positive before the test line came up that's like a dead giveaway that it's more than one. Great idea about a blog it's something the girls can read when they are older as well :)

    ReplyDelete